THe Lone Apsara

THe Lone Apsara

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Getting your mind back in the present

You know it's not easy when you are in a writing grove and all you want to do is write,write,write... Your mind is on the characters, plotting, scenes and sequence. Should I add this, take out that. Your mind is back almost a thousand years and trying to recreate a time, culture, people who for the most part existed. Most of my characters are real and though there isn't a whole lot written about them I do have one surviving record written by a Chinese diplomat who visited Angkor at the time of the last King of Angkor. He will be the final king in my book. I also have the reliefs on the walls of Angkor and the Bayon that I can study.
Some days I find it very hard trying to keep my characters back in the back reaches of my brain, they want to come to the forefront... so come the week-ends I am wanting to write like crazy. Not easy when you have other responsibilities that beckon. So I try to balance.
Life is a balance.
may you all find your balance and peace today!

No comments:

Post a Comment