THe Lone Apsara

THe Lone Apsara

Monday, March 28, 2011

The Ramayana

Well my project today is finding a version of the Ramayana , the epic poem in India to help me in my writing of my 2nd book. Cambodia made an adaptation of this epic called the Reamker and so I have to try and learn and understand it to some degree to do my characters justice but to make it be understandable for the layman in America. It is a story of epic proportions of love, courage, wisdom, good and bad, bravery.
I had been eluding in the first book about two of the three main characters being reincarnations and to understand this grand and great story I need to really read it. So I am hunting and my son Arun is hunting for me.
Some may ask, why all the interest in the Indian Epic Story? Your story is about Cambodian history, Angkor Wat? Yes, you are right but "IT" , Angkor Wat was dedicated to Vishnu. That is Hindu, Angkor Wat was Hindu at the beginning. Suryavarman II was Hindu where as his cousin Jayavarman VII was Buddhist.
So that is my project now to learn more... Maybe I should get an audio version to listen to it at night so I absorb it fully...

No comments:

Post a Comment